¾ cup peanut butter
1 ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup shortening
3 tablespoons milk...
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
Chocolate-covered mini pretzels
Mini brown M&M’s
Regular-sized red M&M’s
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat until just blended.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
Form dough into 1-inch balls. To make reindeer-shaped cookies, pinch the bottom of the ball slightly to form a point, then gently flatten with your hand. Space cookies about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until set or just beginning to brown.
Remove from oven and immediately (and gently) press two mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the reindeer’s antlers. Press two mini brown M&M’s in for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose.
Allow to cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack or paper towel to cool completely.
Makes about 40 reindeer cookies. YUM!
I am always looking for easy and new ideas for my elves to craft. This one is fun for everyone! The Reindeer candy craft is great for holiday parties, presents for teachers, or just for Christmas cheer!
Be sure to visit
http://www.adoptelf.com/kidscrafts.html for more fun craft ideas for your little elves!
1. Wrap dark brown paper around the candy bar, trim excess paper and glue together.
2. Using the giant circle punch, punch out a circle from the light brown paper.
3. Using the medium circle punch, punch out a circle from the red paper.
4. Using the small circle punch, punch out a circle from the white paper and a circle from the dark brown paper.
5. Cut each circle in half and glue a dark brown semicircle together with the white semicircle.
6. Using the the small circle punch again, punch out a circle from the black paper.
7. Next cut circle into thirds. Use either end for the pupils of the reindeer and glue down onto the white semicircle, as seen in the picture.
8. Using the large scallop punch, punch out the light brown paper.
9. Cut the shape in half and glue the semi-shape at the top, as shown in the picture.
10. You will need 2 chenille stems per candy bar. Cut the first pipe cleaner in half and glue it to the back of the candy bar.
11. Cut the other chenille stems into fourths. Take each piece and wrap around to each fasten the antlers.
Mrs. Claus is a busy mom of 3 little boy elves, that love to craft and are up to mischief most of the time!